DRIVER LIGHT VEHICLES
Based in Luhansk
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Sloviansk, Severodonetsk, Mariupol, Donetsk and Luhansk.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit website: http://www.icrc.org/
AIM OF THE POSITION
The Light Vehicles Driver transports people and goods in a safe and timely manner, in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations and national traffic laws.
- Drives light vehicles to transport people and/or material in strict adherence to internal security rules and national traffic laws.
Constantly monitors security conditions on the road.
- Ensures that goods are stored inside the vehicle according to local, international and ICRC safety standards (attachment and distribution of goods, etc.).
- Checks their assigned vehicle(s)' equipment, general functioning and body condition and ensures that it is kept fuelled and clean inside and out.
- Checks that trips have been authorized where necessary.
- Immediately reports accidents, defects and/or missing equipment to management.
- Can act as head of convoy as needed (in charge of the driver(s), application of security rules and time-frame for the convoy).
- Drives different types of ICRC light vehicles to and from various locations to collect and deliver goods/ documents/people;
- Applies strictly internal safety and security rules and national traffic rules;
- Ensures cleaning/washing and routine maintenance of vehicles, proper fuelling;
- Ensures at the beginning of each day that equipment on attributed cars is according to the requirement;
- Helps (un-)loading of vehicles.
The tasks and responsibilities defined above are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on organizational needs.
Education and professional qualifications
- Secondary school diploma.
- Driving license B (BE, B1) held for at least five years.
- Basic Knowledge (spoken and written) of English.
- Knowledge of the local language(s).
- Experience in a similar position an asset.
- Automobile maintenance experience (oil checks, changing tyres, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of mechanics.
- Good knowledge of the area of assignment.
- Good knowledge of the geographically assigned environment;
- Masters 4/4 and VHF use- an asset.
- Genuine interest to work in humanitarian aid field;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong sense of responsibility;
- Good team player.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter by 01.10.2021
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interview. No queries by phone please.