The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000 field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Sloviansk, Severodonetsk, Mariupol, Donetsk, Lugansk.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit website: http://www.icrc.org/
AIM OF THE POSITION
Buyer 1 supports the procurement process in a specific AoR in accordance with ICRC rules and regulations.
- Conducts research into the availability of goods and services.
- Follows up on purchases and deliveries and checks that they are conform with specifications and contract details.
- Ensures that best prices for quality are obtained and provides. recommendation in line with transparency in choice of supplier.
- Drafts requests for tenders/quotes, selection table and contracts and submits them to their hierarchical superior.
- Manages, follows up on, files and scans invoices and related documents.
- Handles petty cash purchase on a day to day base with working advances according to approved financial rules.
Education and professional qualifications
- Confirmed technical skills in procurement.
- Computer proficiency.
- Good command of spoken and written English and the local working language
- High school diploma.
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Good knowledge of the local market
- Genuine interest to work in humanitarian aid field.
- Capacity to adhere to ICRC procedures.
- Rigorous and methodical person.
- Accurate and honest.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Good communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter to Отправить резюме or via this site by 03.12.2021
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interview. No queries by phone please.