Movement Cooperation Officer (part-time 50% occupancy)
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 19,000-field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 600 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Sloviansk, Severodonetsk, Mariupol, Donetsk, Lugansk.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit website: http://www.icrc.org/
AIM OF THE POSITION
Movement Cooperation Officer contributes to implementing their delegation's objectives for cooperation with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the Movement) in line with the ICRC’s Movement policies and in consultation with the local operating National Society (NS). S/he contributes to building a positive relationship between the ICRC and the National Society of the country where s/he is assigned
- Support the local Red Cross structures in their implementation of joint projects;
- Control the reports, invoices and all other documents provided by the local Red Cross in a timely manner;
- Ensure that the ICRC operational departments provide adequate technical support to the local Red Cross for their joint projects;
- Analyze and address the local Red Cross operational capacities and needs;
- Assesses and analyses the Red Cross structure’s operational capacities and operational needs and reports it to the Movement Cooperation Officer;
- Contributes to institutional reporting of the sub-delegation and to other institutional reports to which Cooperation contributes.
The tasks and responsibilities defined above are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on organizational needs.
Education and professional qualifications
- Vocational or university degree;
- 2 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Good command of English (oral and written);
- Good command of digital communication tools;
- Computer proficiency.
- Genuine interest to work in humanitarian aid field;
- Good communication skills;
- Strong sense of responsibility;
- Capacity to adhere to ICRC procedures;
- Rigorous and methodical person;
- Accurate and honest;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Good communication skills.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter to Отправить резюме or via this site by 08.12.2021
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interview. No queries by phone please.